We have an excellent opportunity for a machine setter to join our business in Nelson on a temporary to permanent basis. The hours of work are on a rotating shifts basis (6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm 10pm to 6am) offering an hourly rate of £9.84.
We are an international packaging and paper group employing over 24,400 people with 102 operations across more than 30 countries, predominantly in central Europe, Russia and South Africa.
As the machine setter within the pouch department you will be:
• Leading the operational activities of the pouching dept and provide the necessary training to enable the skill level to be kept to the required level.
• Ensuring the setup and monitoring of the manufacturing process in order to detect any defects or deviations from standards and to ensure adjustments as necessary to rectify faults and minimise waste in the process.
• Liaising with the manager on all matters of production and quality control.
• Constantly challenging existing methods and procedures to achieve right first time production
• Taking a lead role in continuous improvement and mentor operators in that programme
• Ensuring the equipment and process is capable of delivering the production plan in a timely and efficient manner
The ideal machine setter will be able to demonstrate the following:
• You should be technically proficient, decisive and confident with your peers and customers.
• You must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of a wide range of printing, conversion and flexible packaging ancillary processes.
• A ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
As a local company who deal with a variety of clients and pride ourselves on the quality of the products we deliver to our consumers. We are easily accessible from the M65 motorway with ample space for parking.